Heavy Duty, Isolated USB to RS-232/422/485 4 Port Converter (USB cable included)
- USB to serial conversion adds 4 serial ports to your PC
- 2 kV optical isolation; 8kV contact, 15kV air ESD protection
- 921.6 kbps serial data rate
- 480 Mbps, full-speed, USB 1.1/2.0 (high retention USB port)
- -40 to +80 °C wide operating temperature
- DIN rail or panel mount rugged metal case
- UL Class 1/Division 2
- Redundant power inputs (terminal block, locking barrel plug); power source required (not included, sold separately)
- Includes: USB cable, DIN rail/panel mount hardware
Model USR604 is an industrial grade, isolated, USB to serial converter that allows you to add four RS-232/422/485 ports to your PC. Built to rugged specifications, the USR604 offers 2 kV port-to-port isolation. This means that your upstream PC is isolated from downstream serial devices and the downstream serial devices are isolated from each other and the upstream PC.
Additional features, such as a heavy-duty metal enclosure with panel and DIN rail mounting options, high ESD protection, shock and vibration testing and wide operating temperatures, make it ideal for use in harsh environments. Designed for industrial use, it is also suitable for instrumentation, utilities, and laboratory applications.
Full speed (480 Mbps) USB 2.0 support allows connectivity with modern computer technology. The serial ports are configurable for RS-232, RS-422 and RS-485 (2-wire & 4-wire). Modbus support enables use with a wide variety of industrial devices. Comes with DIN rail and panel mounting hardware, giving maximum flexibility for your installation. USB cable included.
The converter features redundant power inputs (terminal block, locking barrel plug). An external power source is required (power supply not included, sold separately).