Segezh Paper Mill wastewater treatment control system
Market – Water, machine automation
Place – Karelia, Russia
Each industrial organization must provide the means for lowering its ecological impact to an environment. Biological water treatment is the modern way of processing the wastewater. This equipment, together with high automation level, low accident rate, reliable controls and qualified personnel forms a good means to become an environment-safe factory.
During the renovation of control system enduser set the task of:
- Change the sensors to more accurate
- Change old PLC (Sh771, Remicont) to modern
- Renovate the SCADA system
-Add new functions to manual and automatic modes
- Improve the report system and make it compatible to ERP system
As PLC level integrator has chosen ADAM-5511 and ADAM-5000/EKW. Also, ADAM-4572 was used for integration of ADAM-5000 into factory-wide network. Remote stations were connected with D-Link WiFi modules and antennas.
Each segment is made independent, so it can keep functioning even if the LAN is down.
For fieldbus – ADAM-4510, ADAM-4572 and ADAM-6520 were used.
As a SCADA system – Advantech GeniDAQ system was used, along with KepWare OPC servers. Number of IO channels reached 1500, and it took SI for finetunung the data transfer performance.
System was successfully installed, and additional connections (monitoring of electric consumption) are being made. Among the benefits it provided were:
• The equipment is less expensive than European, but it has the same quality
• Ecological penalties for the factory are significantly lowered
• Chemical reagents are dosed with more accuracy
• Reachedeconomy effect due to loweringthe number of personnel